Implications for Friends of Church Stretton Library
How does this review affect us?
We have been reassured by Shropshire Library Services that the strategy review announced earlier this month will not change the arrangements proposed back in January whereby:
- Shropshire Library services continues to manage Church Stretton Library library in its current building
- Church Stretton Town Council and Friends of Church Stretton library provide financial support to help towards running costs.
The Town Council and Shropshire Library services are still in discussion about how the proposed future partnership arrangement will work between Shropshire Library Services and the Town Council, and what on-going financial contribution from the Town Council is realistic and equitable, with the support of the Friends of Church Stretton Library.
We would still encourage people to respond to this survey and let Shropshire Council know how much you appreciate the library service in Church Stretton by going to
Money raised so far
Since April 2019 Friends of Church Stretton Library has raised approx. £5,000 through donations and fund-raising events.
All money collected so far by Friends of Church Stretton Library is being be used to:
- Purchase equipment to improve the library in Church Stretton
- Support events taking place in the library e.g. forthcoming children’s puppet event
- Build up our reserve, which will help us cover possible shortfalls in fund raising in future years.
We expect to be making financial contributions to help with running costs of the library from April next year.